Deleting movies from library doesn't work

djon
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

djon

I have set it up, so that Emby asks me if I want to delete a movie after I watched it. If I click yes, I get the following in the Kodi log:

NOTICE: EMBY Player -> Deleting request: 56538777a47ef791ee55ebafe0dbb75b

But the movie is never deleted. What could be the cause of this?

Is it because I use native mode? I'm guessing it is, since it returns a UUID in the request instead of the actual file name and path.

Edited by djon

Angelblue05

The way delete works is we tell the server to delete the item, in turn the server should tell Emby for Kodi to delete the item.

How about posting the full Kodi log? Does the item actually gets deleted from the server?

And no, there is no difference between native and addon mode when it comes to the handling of the library. :) A full log should at least give us a clue where the issue might lie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

• Solution
Angelblue05

Can you confirm the user has permission to delete items from your server in the emby dashboard > Users > djon > Allow media deletion? I do not have this issue... can you check your server log around the same time (07:53:12)? Is there any errors? Hmm...

• Like 1

djon

Well there you go. Never knew there were user permissions for the Emby user. It now has media deletion rights and it works! Thanks!

• Like 1