Help using Windows 8 app to control music playback on my HTPC

elee532

I'm having some difficulties using the Windows 8 client to control playback of music within Windows Media Center on my HTPC.

(1) If I select an album and choose Play To HTPC/MyUsername, it just repeatedly plays the first track of the album.

(2) Once I start playing a track, I can't figure out how to add more songs to the queue.

(3) I select an album and choose the Browse To option, choose HTPC/MyUsername I am booted out of the Media Browser app and back to the Windows start screen.

(4) Once I browse back to my music library, I see no way to get back to the screen that shows the currently playing track.

(5) I don't see an option for searching my music collection.

(6) Several of the controls don't seem to work. Pause and Play work okay. Next/Previous Track - Nothing happens. Mute - works okay. Volume Up/Down - nothing happens. The slider to move along the track timeline behaves oddly.

Thank you in advance for assistance!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both for the replies. I did find the answer to #4... if I swipe in from the top and select the "Remote" button, it takes me back to the screen with the currently playing track.

Is there any timeline/plan to address #1 given that it is a known problem.

Is there any answer to #2?

As it stands right now, this app is unusable to me. Wish I had done more testing before I shelled out good money for it!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both for the replies. I did find the answer to #4... if I swipe in from the top and select the "Remote" button, it takes me back to the screen with the currently playing track.

Is there any timeline/plan to address #1 given that it is a known problem.

Is there any answer to #2?

As it stands right now, this app is unusable to me. Wish I had done more testing before I shelled out good money for it!

Thanks!

Anyone?

7illusions

When you choose to do a PlayTo of an album, how do you do this?

There're 2 ways of playing music on a Remote MediaBrowser instance.

1. Click the play to button for the whole album (Next to the play, add and artist buttons)

2. Select the tracks you wanna play from the tracks list of the album, bring up the app bar and click the PlayTo button.

The client that receives the command is then responsible for the playlist.

As for your 2nd point, this is not yet implemented but it's on the todo-list

crazybbs

Just to know 7illusions ,

is the end of january update with audio and subtitles switch still planned ?

Thank you for your work