Backdrop screensaver : hide some backdrops...

jscoys

jscoys

Hi,

A typical situation at home :

I invited some friends at home to have some fun playing video games and watch movies. Before that we will discuss about our life, take an aperitif... etc...

I launched Emby Theatre because I'm proud to show all my collection displayed on TV with the backdrop screensaver! My friends are impressed and the different pictures they can see on my TV, like horror movies where you've got decapitated heads and cut hands... it's ok for them. (I precise that I also have some Disney ;-)).

But here is my little boy coming in the room, 21 month old... Seeing what is displayed on the TV... and it is a problem because as a good dad I want to preserve a certain innocence... at least until he's 18 years old!

So I think that it will be important to add an option to be able to filter what is displayed. It could be based on genres (So I will be able stopping it from displaying horror genre movie backdrops in my case...) or/and on parental control. I think it's been a client only option because I don't want it to be displayed during screensaver process, but I want to be able to access all my movies when I decide to browse my library (When my son is sleeping).

Edited by jscoys
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
jscoys

Could community members give us their opinion on the subject and maybe bring idea to complete what I described?

Deathsquirrel

Could community members give us their opinion on the subject and maybe bring idea to complete what I described?

It makes sense to at least limit it to movies that fit the current parental control rules.  If you can't see the movie the screensaver should ignore that backdrop.  Don't personally care but that seems logical.

jscoys

Ok please like my post to help implementing this feature

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
jscoys

Is it at least taking tags into account today?

• 3 weeks later...
Bloomer

This option would be fantastic!  We have two accounts and sometimes forget to log out of our parent account which has a adult movies folder on our bedroom TV.   Our kids do not use this TV/HTPC without us but sometimes we leave the account logged in by accident and screensaver showing and of course some of the adult movie backdrops popup.

We would love to be able to select specific folders to not show up up on the screensaver.  It would also be nice if this would also apply to the "recommend movies" section also, often after watching some of the adult movies they will popup on this section.

We love the new Emby but the previous WMC version was nice with the pin option where it would auto-lock after so many hours, this was a great way to enable and hide the adult content.

• Like 1

jscoys

Ok thanks a lot! The more we'll like this post, quicker devs will consider implement this feature!

I think a maximum rating level would make a whole lot more sense than trying to design a complicated setup where you have to pick specific libraries or folder paths for exclusion.

• Like 1

jscoys

I agree, but it has to be applied to backdrop display only. As I said and what @@Bloomer try to explain is that when children are in bed we want to access the whole library directly.

I agree, but it has to be applied to backdrop display only. As I said and what @@Bloomer try to explain is that when children are in bed we want to access the whole library directly.

Right.  I was suggesting a max rating setting in the backdrop screen saver itself.  It already uses the max rating for the current user logged on.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...