Music not streaming in Emby for Kodi

ErelyesNZ
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

ErelyesNZ

Hi there, having some sort of issue playing music over my home network through Emby for Kodi.

I have the 'server' with Win10, Emby, Kodi, and emby for kodi plugin.

I have the 'client' with Win10, Kodi, and emby for kodi plugin.

I can play music through Kodi fine on the 'server' PC but I can't play it on the client. It comes up with a message saying 'one or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information'.

All the albums, artists, etc show up - it just won't play.

When I navigate to Music>Files in Kodi it is empty. I didn't figure I'd have to add it here as I didn't for movies/TV.

Movies/TV play flawlessly.

Any ideas?

Angelblue05

Are you direct playing your movies/tv? Play something from your video library in Kodi, then check your emby dashboard to confirm, mouseover over the kodi device.

You probably need path substitution. We can fall back to direct stream for the video library. The music library doesn't work the same, due to kodi limitations. We insert the direct path for music. What is the path for your music library in Emby?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

ErelyesNZ

Thanks for fast reply.

- Yes, movies/TV are direct playing.

I've tried 'direct stream' for music but that didn't make a change.

The music is in I:\Music FLAC on the server, and the drive is shared over the network as \\R4\TV2

Angelblue05

So you set up the path substitution as that? You need to reset your library to make the change after activating direct stream.

I'd verify your path substitution under emby library > path substitution, then try to do a reset of your database in Kodi, so it updates your music with the latest path (network one). I have no issues direct playing my music. If the music only works where it's located, it must be set up to look at the local path rather than the network path you mentioned.

Edited by Angelblue05

ErelyesNZ

Sorry, I didn't set up any path substitution. TV/movies worked out of the box. Is there somewhere I set up the path for music manually?

Tried changing to 'direct stream music library'. I then did a 'clean library' and 'update library' under System>Music in Kodi. Still not working.

• Solution
Angelblue05

Very simple, open your emby dashboard > library > path substitution

To: \\R4\TV2

Then launch the emby for kodi add-on in kodi > reset your local database > Yes, Yes, No. Obviously, make sure music direct stream is disabled.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1