Issues with updates from kodi addon on OSMC

arobinson
Go to solution Solved by Vidman,

arobinson

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue. I am running the current version of OSMC on a raspberry pi 2 and what i am running into is that after i watch a TV episode, it will be marked as watched, but after about a day or so it changes back to being unwatched. I go and manually mark the episode as watched, and again after about a day or so it will again be unwatched. I've tried rebooting the OSMC rasp pi, tried doing a repair of the local database as well as a full resync of the local database, but have not seen the issue resolved yet.

Also seeing issues with TV episodes not updating played status when episodes getted paused part way through.

Any ideas as to what else i could try?

Thanks

Vidman

Under the server metadata/nfo settings make sure the "sync user watch data for nfo's for" is blank and that there is no other software messing with your metadata

And under the server playback/resume settings you can adjust the amount an item must be played before it is marked as watched... I believe the default is about 90%

Edited by Vidman

arobinson

Under the server metadata/nfo settings make sure the "sync user watch data for nfo's for" is blank and that there is no other software messing with your metadata

And under the server playback/resume settings you can adjust the amount an item must be played before it is marked as watched... I believe the default is about 90%

In Emby 3.0.5931.0, i'm not seeing any options in server->metadata->nfo settings, i am not seeing anything for sync'ing user watch data.  Would they be somewhere else, or am i blind?  As for the play back settings, i've adjusted down to 120 seconds the min resume duration, the others didn't seem to apply. 

Vidman

I'm on freenas so I'm a version behind but i don't know why it would have changed.

In your post you said played status which i took to mean watched status not resume status

Edited by Vidman

arobinson

I'm on freenas so I'm a version behind but i don't know why it would have changed.

In your post you said played status which i took to mean watched status not resume status

I am referring to both watched (played) and resume status.  I seem to be having issues with both getting written properly back to the Emby server.  I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but my Emby is running on unraid 6.19.

This is a copy of the NFO file from an episode that was watched and should be marked as such.  This file shows as being edited this morning.

<episodedetails>
  <title>98 Seconds</title>
  <season>1</season>
  <episode>3</episode>
  <aired>2016-01-28</aired>
  <plot>Katie's first mission forces her to question her commitment to the cause; Will's search for Geronimo doesn't sit well with the resistance; and Bram's girlfriend shares a secret with him.</plot>
  <displayseason />
  <displayepisode />
  <watched>false</watched>
  <rating>8.2</rating>
</episodedetails>

and this is the NFO file from the same series of an episode that is showing properly as being watched

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
  <plot>The city of Los Angeles has been occupied by an unknown force. Former FBI agent Will Bowman and his wife Katie are separated from their son during the invasion, and are willing to do anything to be reunited with him. When they are offered a chance to get their son back by collaborating with the occupational government, Will and Katie find themselves faced with the toughest decision of their lives.</plot>
  <outline />
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2015-12-25 16:06:34</dateadded>
  <title>Pilot</title>
  <originaltitle>Pilot</originaltitle>
  <rating>7.9</rating>
  <year>2016</year>
  <imdbid>tt4227368</imdbid>
  <tvdbid>5280241</tvdbid>
  <runtime>50</runtime>
  <isuserfavorite>false</isuserfavorite>
  <playcount>1</playcount>
  <watched>true</watched>
  <resume>
    <position>0</position>
    <total>2992.077</total>
  </resume>
  <episode>1</episode>
  <season>1</season>
  <aired>2016-01-14</aired>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <micodec>h264</micodec>
        <bitrate>845946</bitrate>
        <width>720</width>
        <height>406</height>
        <aspect>16:9</aspect>
        <aspectratio>16:9</aspectratio>
        <framerate>23.97602</framerate>
        <language>und</language>
        <scantype>progressive</scantype>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
        <duration>50</duration>
        <durationinseconds>2992</durationinseconds>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <codec>aac</codec>
        <micodec>aac</micodec>
        <bitrate>95929</bitrate>
        <language>und</language>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <samplingrate>44100</samplingrate>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <displayseason />
  <displayepisode />
</episodedetails>

Now if i go back in and mark this how series as watched through OSMC and check the nfo file for the unwatched episode, it now shows all the details like the other watched episode.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<episodedetails>
  <plot>Katie's first mission forces her to question her commitment to the cause; Will's search for Geronimo doesn't sit well with the resistance; and Bram's girlfriend shares a secret with him.</plot>
  <outline />
  <lockdata>false</lockdata>
  <dateadded>2016-01-30 03:19:01</dateadded>
  <title>98 Seconds</title>
  <originaltitle>98 Seconds</originaltitle>
  <rating>8.2</rating>
  <year>2016</year>
  <imdbid>tt4700088</imdbid>
  <tvdbid>5449513</tvdbid>
  <runtime>42</runtime>
  <isuserfavorite>false</isuserfavorite>
  <playcount>1</playcount>
  <watched>true</watched>
  <resume>
    <position>0</position>
    <total>2507.52</total>
  </resume>
  <episode>3</episode>
  <season>1</season>
  <aired>2016-01-28</aired>
  <fileinfo>
    <streamdetails>
      <audio>
        <codec>aac</codec>
        <micodec>aac</micodec>
        <bitrate>130056</bitrate>
        <language>und</language>
        <channels>2</channels>
        <samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
      </audio>
      <video>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <micodec>h264</micodec>
        <bitrate>821986</bitrate>
        <width>720</width>
        <height>404</height>
        <aspect>16:9</aspect>
        <aspectratio>16:9</aspectratio>
        <framerate>23.97602</framerate>
        <language>und</language>
        <default>True</default>
        <forced>False</forced>
        <duration>42</duration>
        <durationinseconds>2508</durationinseconds>
      </video>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <displayseason />
  <displayepisode />
</episodedetails>

But come tomorrow this change will be undone again, which leads me to believe that somewhere between OSMC and EMBY there is something not getting synced correctly and one is causing the other to over write the firsts changes, and it would appear that it is EMBY making these changes.  Having said that i have marked all the incorrectly labeled episodes properly through EMBY hoping that going forward this will correct this issue.  It almost seems as though the last database update may have caused some corruption.  Thoughts?
Edited by arobinson

Angelblue05

I am 100% sure that your issue has nothing to do with emby for Kodi. The add-on only reacts to server and user input. It does not do anything on it's own.

Do you have an external metadata manager that is maybe rewriting your nfos? Personally, I had this issue with Sonarr, I had to disable any sort of metadata writing, since it was causing emby to rescan the nfo and read the watched status flag as false and therefore, mark the content as unwatched.

I also had another issue the other day, where the episode simply had the wrong tvdb id. When I was marking the episode as watched, it wasn't associating it with the correct episode and the next morning, the episode incorrectly tagged was set to unwatched due to trakt. I would suggest checking your server logs and comparing to your Kodi log. It should be easy to spot, if you use the item id (you can search for the title of your content in your Kodi log, it should display the associated item id, which you can then use to search your emby log). Hope this sends you in the right direction.

Edited by Angelblue05

arobinson

Hummm.....i did just install Sonarr a couple of days ago.  I hadn't noticed that it had a meta data rewriting function.  I've turned it off so hopefully this corrects the issue.  I should be able to tell come tomorrow.

Thanks for the help!

• Like 1