New to emby for Kodi - Few questions

Pirlo1966
Go to solution Solved by Vidman,

Pirlo1966

Hi

I started to use emby for kodi a few days ago. Great experience!

I have two questions left (for now  :D ):

1. movies, video's and Tv series appear in kodi client and I can play them.  But my music collection on emby server is not showing up. Must I add it manually?

2. multi user accounts with watched status and parental control per user are strong points of emby server. Is there a way to have this syncing and working in kodi client as well?

Thanks!

• Solution
Vidman

1. There is a switch in the addon settings to enable music... Check if it is actually activated.

2. In kodi you create a profile for each user and then for each user set up the kodi addon to use the corresponding emby user

• Like 2

Pirlo1966

Thanks. Clear. Will check the music switch in the addon settings. I believe I had it on but will double check.

Pirlo1966

Yep, solved.

1. Music didn't appear earlier in my kodi client. Now I know why. It's a large collection and apparently it needs to sync completely the first time before it appears. The syncing took hours = ... I gues it never completely finished in the past few days I started to use emby for Kodi.

2. Profiles created and all seems to work: playstate etc ...  except Items blocked by emby parental controll still show up in my kids profiles? 

Angelblue05

Make sure you enable to block items without rating in the emby dashboard >  user settings (under your kids profile). Then, launch the emby for Kodi add-on > manual sync. It should remove items that do not belong,

Pirlo1966

Make sure you enable to block items without rating in the emby dashboard >  user settings (under your kids profile). Then, launch the emby for Kodi add-on > manual sync. It should remove items that do not belong,

Thx Angelblue05 for clarifying. Have been checking parental control settings in emby server and performed a manual sync. Access for my kids indeed isnow limited according to the parental controll settings. However, these same restrictions are also applied to my (and my wife's) profile?

Pirlo1966

Two kids, each a separate profile with parental control active. No password necessary to acces media libraries.

Two adults, each a separate profile with full rights and password protected acces to libraries.

Angelblue05

Sorry, I mean your parental control setting for your adult users. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pirlo1966

Everything is allowed for the adults, no content is blocked, no maximum mpaa rating is set

Angelblue05

In the webclient, is the content also missing? We use the same method to get the appropriate content in Kodi.

Pirlo1966

Web client behaves as expected: no blocked content shown for the kids, all the content available for the adults.

strange all the users in kodi (in my set-up at least)  inherit the parental control of the kids.

Pirlo1966

I Could reproduce it.

When performing a manual sync when logged in as an adult, all other profiles also media acces as set in emby parental control for that adult, in my set-up this is no restrictions. 

When performing a manual sync when logged in as a child, all other profiles get restricted media acces as set in emby parental control for that child.

Angelblue05

But I don't see how this is possible. Your Kodi profiles should be individually set up per emby user. We don't write to any database except for the profile currently loaded.

xnappo

I think a while back there was someone who moved from SQL to Emby and still had some setting in advancedsettings.xml that was screwing things up?

Pirlo1966

Don't think advancedsettngs.xml has something to do with it. I installed emby server on my NAS last fall. It was a new, clean install and I cannot remember altering that xml. I used to do it in the MB days but stopped when emby server was released.

Maybe it has something to dowith how I cretaed the kodi profiles? If I remember well there is the possibility to create a profile based upon the master account. That is what I did. But then when entering such new profile I was asked what emby profile should be coupled. 

Edited by ehgeahrev