Kodi on AFTV Stick no seeing server

roywood

roywood

I have set up Emby on Kodi as shown in tutorial.  I never got the prompt to "continue with server...."  I have tried to set it up manually but am having no luck.  Kodi is running on amazon fire tv stick and server is running on linuxlite.

Thanks.

Angelblue05

To start from scratch, launch the emby for kodi add-on > reset local database, follow the steps and reset emby info. Then once you restart Kodi, it should prompt you. If it doesn't post your Kodi log, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

roywood

To start from scratch, launch the emby for kodi add-on > reset local database, follow the steps and reset emby info. Then once you restart Kodi, it should prompt you. If it doesn't post your Kodi log, thanks.

I see "repair local database" but not reset. Is this inside the emby app itself?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

roywood

I see "repair local database" but not reset. Is this inside the emby app itself?

Never mind. See it.

roywood

Never mind. See it.

So it prompts to Settings where I manually have to put in things like server, etc.

roywood

So it prompts to Settings where I manually have to put in things like server, etc.

I manually put in the server IP and the username of my emby account but still nothing. I don't know how to post kodi log from fire stick to here.

Angelblue05

Are you able to access the server from another device, on the same network?

roywood

Are you able to access the server from another device, on the same network?

No. I tried with the android app and it fails to connect. It may have something to do with the USB drive attached to my dd-wrt router not being mounted correctly on the server (which is Linux lite).

Angelblue05

Well, I'm not really going to be able to help you with this :) but once you figure this out, once you are able to access your server, it should work in Kodi as well. Maybe post under the server section for some assistance if you need it.

Edited by Angelblue05

roywood

Well, I'm not really going to be able to help you with this :) but once you figure this out, once you are able to access your server, it should work in Kodi as well. Maybe post under the server section for some assistance if you need it.

So now it is set up so that everything is pointed like it is supposed to. I cannot connect with emby connect on the same computer that the server is on and I see the invitation on my android emby client. However, it does not connect. Cannot find server even though on same wifi.