Android TV app issue

datikaa
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

datikaa

Hi! My android tv app started to display "Subtitles loading..." and since my movies wont play. I mean, what is happening is audio plays ok, but video freezes instantly. Also while I see still image and the auido plays, the timer is not updating. If I start movie from beginning, it stays at 0:00 while audio keeps going. Ohh one more thing, but I dont think its relevant, chromecasting to emby app from browser works nicely with direct play...

Any ideas? Tv is a philips pfh6510.

Edited by datikaa

Please provide specific information about the item in question like the media info from the web client and also  your subtitle settings for the user.  Thanks.

datikaa

I do have multiple items having this issue, I post one's metadata that I know it worked previously. Also, where can I check for the asked subtitle settings? On server or in the app? I don't get what you mean, please give me directions for that, sorry :(

Media Info
Video

Codec H264
Profile High
Level 41
Resolution 1280x534
Aspect ratio 2.40:1
Anamorphic No
Interlaced No
Framerate 23.97602
Bitrate 7484 kbps
Bit depth 8 bit
Pixel format yuv420p
Ref frames 12

Audio

Language hun
Codec AC3
Layou 5.1
Channels 6 ch
Bitrate 437 kbps
Sample rate 48000 khz
Default Yes

Audio

Language eng
Codec DCA
Profil eDTS
Layout 5.1
Channels 6 ch
Bitrate 1500 kbps
Sample rate 48000 khz
Bit depth 24 bit
Default No

Audio

Language eng
Codec VORBIS
Layout stereo
Channels 2 ch
Sample rate 48000 khz
Default No

Subtitle

Language hun
Codec SRT
Default Yes
Forced No
External No

Subtitle

Language hun
Codec SRT
Default No
Forced No
External No

Subtitle

Language eng
Codec SRT
Default No
Forced No
External No

Subtitle

Language eng
Codec SRT
Default No
Forced No
External No

Container mkv

Vidman

Yes they do, there used to be a little disclaimer next to some of these settings to show that they are applied universally to all clients, I don't know why the disclaimer was removed... It is still obviously confusing.

For your screenshot I believe the audio and subtitle settings are universal , but the advanced are specific to that client

Edited by Vidman

With your settings, you are almost always going to get subs displaying and it won't always be obvious what they are.

I would select a language as your preferred one and un-check "Always play default audio track".  Then I would select a language for your subs and change the handling setting to "Smart".

That should make the right things be selected most of the time but it doesn't really explain the playback issue you were having...

datikaa

Well, the settings help a little bit.. Movie played until "Subtitles loading..." label showed, but after it froze again. Than some seconds later android toast message came up, telling "Unable to load subtitles" or something like that. Before this two things never showed, I think this subtitle problem causes the problem.

The two may be related but I don't think the subs are affecting the playback as it is a totally independent process.

Turn on debug options, play the item until you get the "Error loading subs" message, then stop and send the log and let me know what the Emby user was.  Thanks.

datikaa

I've sent the log. I did start a movie two times and another for one. First time it started playing for 5 sec, than stopped with sound still playing, but second and third play was instant freeze with sound. Sound also stopped in all cases like 10 seconds after. Another strange thing is that transcoded videos are working fine.

Emby user for log: datikaa / daniel.dattler@.com don't know which is easier for you.

I only get the last 200 lines or so of your log and it looks like everything worked fine in that period.  Can you please just play the one item that is a problem until you see that message about subs not loading and then send that log please?

Then, also include the server log from that time and the media info for the item you played.  Thanks.

• Solution

Also, if you are just using the TV's internal speakers, you should try setting the audio mode to "Compatible".

• Like 1

datikaa

Ohh my... I did forget to switch audio to compatible as you suggested, now I came across it, and ohh deary me, now its working! I have no idea why this happens with internal speakers, but many thanks!!!