Dropdown menues in Opera

nick naim

nick naim

I am using Opera as my default browser. For a while I have been noticing that the dropdown menus e.g. in the metadata manager or image/backdrop selection are blank and don't show the selected value. I am currently using the latest versions on Opera (36.0) and emby Server (3.0.5930.0) but this issue has been around for a while (not sure with what version it started).

I have attached a couple examples with the dropdown menus appearing white/empty in Opera and black/with values in Edge.

It's a minor nuisance really, but I wanted to report it in case the developers weren't aware.

post-55898-0-56102200-1461181823_thumb.png

post-55898-0-01424000-1461181833_thumb.png

post-55898-0-47194200-1461181850_thumb.png

post-55898-0-04437600-1461181856_thumb.png

Thanks. I just haven't gotten to looking at it yet but it seems opera only applies the custom text color without the background.

nick naim

I am glad to help, even if the best I can do is reporting a bug.

Just now when I played around with the webclient using the Edge browser, I noticed a different missing feature in Opera:

Hovering over a poster or other image of a movie in Edge dims the picture and opens a menu (which lets you like, dislike the movie and other features). This does not work in Opera. I wasn't even aware of this feature... Pretty nifty (if you use the right browser).

That's supported in opera. it's working on my test setup. but if for some reason the browser is being detected as mobile, then that feature is not enabled.

nick naim

Hmm, I wonder why it is not working in my setup then. Must be one of my privacy settings, extension or lack of a plugin. Now that I know that it should work I will play around with these. I will post if I find the cause...