There was an error playing the video

davidruzicka

davidruzicka

Hello,

Since I updated Emby server to Version 3.0.5930.0, I cannot read any movie in the iOS app! (iOS app v 1.1.5)

The message I get: "There was an error playing the video"

No problem on the mobile web client though...

Am I the only one with that?!

• Like 2

dcrdev

Nope I can confirm I also have this issue after upgrading to 3.0.5930 - works fine in safari mobile, but not in the app.

Derek Romaine

I can also confirm this issue after upgrading...Will not play or resume any video on IOS app.  The web client still works.

Edited by Derek Romaine
  • Like 1

dcrdev

No offence - Emby is a great product, but given that you have to pay for the app, you'd think that the most fundamental things i.e. video playback and resume support would be tested before an update. As things stand the iOS app seems to break with every other release and the fixes take weeks to go down the Apple store approval process.

Additionally since new features aren't really being added to the iOS platform it kind of seems like your releasing builds intended to fix things that aren't broken and break things that work? I don't really understand the development methodology that you're following here.

Edited by dcrdev

davidruzicka

I guess iOS is not really the target, if it was there would be much more complains here!

It's more the web and the mobile web, the targets, maybe.

Are you guys on 3.0.5931? I can reproduce the issue of resuming and we're getting a fix out for that, but just for normal playback I can't reproduce that on Emby server 3.0.5931.

if some of you guys would like to test the beta version of the app, please send me your itunes email address and I'll add you so that we can see if it's resolved there. thanks.

Derek Romaine

Hi Luke,

Once I updated to 3.0.5931, I am now able to play and resume on IOS.  Seemed to fix it for me as it definitely did not work on 3.0.5930.  Thanks!