Distorted audio on live TV?

vesati

vesati

After updating to Emby Theater 2.2.2, I'm noticing that live TV playback through the application has distorted or compressed audio.

My live TV is coming through my HD Homerun Prime, using Emby Server Version 3.0.5930.0.

Emby Theater is configured to connect through localhost, and I do NOT have a bandwidth limit set on streaming.

This seems to be limited to Emby Theater, as the live TV playback is as expected when playing back through a browser window, with no distorted audio.

I've already tried switching through the various audio/video filter settings in Emby Theater, without any luck.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Ryokurin

5.1 Audio, HDMI bitstreaming, no DRC, Enabled and disabled  Expand Mono, or Expand 6.1 to 7.1 and toggled WASAPI from default to my receiver.  It sounds like it takes the audio and changes it into a mono downsampled stream.   Playing through Chrome has correct sound.

if you're bitstreaming though it's just being passed through to your receiver with no decoding. The one thing to check would be to verify that the server isn't transcoding it.

Ryokurin

Transcoding in Theater and in Chrome and Firefox clients.

Per the logs Theater is creating a 48000Hz AAC 5.1 128k audio stream. Note that the sound is not 5.1 like it reports, it's mono. Firefox is a 48000Hz Vorbis 5.1 320k audio stream.  Chrome is a 4800Hz mp3 320k audio stream.

The server which is also the player is a i5  with a 960GT  A second system with a i7 and a R280 does the same.  It is not hooked up to a receiver so it was not set for bitstreaming, and it also had the low audio quality.

I do recall using one of the beta's that was out a few months ago (whichever one had the 30 second limit) and the audio sounded fine then, although I never did check to see if it was transcoding it. 

Ryokurin

I'm quite sure now it's a profile problem. Changed DLNA transcoding to AC3 and now it's converting it to mp3.  Better, but there's no reason why a fullblown modern computer should have to transcode audio.