25 replies to this topic

#21 raymondjpg OFFLINE  

raymondjpg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Local time: 01:15 PM

Posted 06 January 2019 - 06:21 PM

So having a quick look, I don't believe the XML has changed, however you now need to register to get an OAuth consumer key to be able to access the API and the number of requests may be limited from the information I was able to gather.  The actual code for gathering the weather resides all in the core WMC program I just call functions to display it in my themes.  So I believe to get this functional again the admins would have to register an app with yahoo and then they wil send an email asking for access to yahoo-weather-ydn-api@Oath.com.  After which it would just be a matter of redirecting the call within WMC core to the new RSS feed as it still seems to use the WOEID to identify the location.

Thanks also from me for looking into this.

Only a couple of days ago the site where I previously found my local Yahoo WOEID reported that it had closed. That site is at http://woeid.rosselliot.co.nz/. Today, when I opened the site to check on its status so I could report it here now states "WOEID Lookup Service is RESTORED."

So it, at least, is working again.

It would be great to see the weather panel working again in Emby for WMC.

#22 EEUG OFFLINE  

EEUG

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 02:15 PM

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:01 AM

C# yahoo weather sample program is available here. I've created that code to get the weather working on my legacy MB 2.6.2 which I'm still using.

#23 One2Go ONLINE  

One2Go

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Local time: 09:15 AM

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:26 AM

I also still have MB 2.6.2 installed and running on my backup PC and use it every now and then, how do you integrated it into the program? Does Throgmorton have to modify his MB 2.6.2 themes?

#24 throgmorton OFFLINE  

throgmorton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 11:31 AM

I also still have MB 2.6.2 installed and running on my backup PC and use it every now and then, how do you integrated it into the program? Does Throgmorton have to modify his MB 2.6.2 themes?

I pull weather data from core so it needs to be fixed there. Basically they just need to register the app and request access to weather from yahoo in order to get the access codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 One2Go ONLINE  

One2Go

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:04 PM

I fully understand what needs to be done, just thought that he found a different way on how to get the weather data.

#26 EEUG OFFLINE  

EEUG

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 02:15 PM

Posted 26 January 2019 - 03:24 PM

I've just modified the weather stuff (the actual code, not the configuration) in my private MB 2.6.2 copy just to get it working. I've requested the app-id and all that stuff for oauth from Yahoo and as promised they responded within 3 business days. They also requested a sample C# code in and I provided that as stated above. I hope it would be helpful for emby developers to get the weather running.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users