Commas in IMDb votes?

GlassJoe

GlassJoe

Emby doesn't add commas when it scrapes votes from the IMDb, which makes it look pretty awful in Kodi. ex: 9.6 (1451346) vs 9.6 (1,451,346)

If you change the nfo manually and refresh, Emby doesn't even populate the votes section.

Edit: I should have added that if this ever changes, I'd switch from using Media Companion to Emby in a heartbeat. I just bought the mobile app and I'm loving it. Emby Theater is looking pretty good too.

Edited by GlassJoe

im85288

Try one of the skins that use the skin helper addon (eg Titan), this sort of info (and a lot more eg IMDB Top 250 for movies/shows) is refreshed regularly.

If your query is more to do with how it shows in other Emby clients please post that query in the server section of the forum.

xnappo

It might be in how we format it when we translate from Emby API to Kodi API.  I'll take a quick look.  (thinking Emby provides it as an int and we convert to string, but don't make it pretty?)

im85288

Possibly, my main point really was that sort of info is almost redundant as soon as it's scraped (as of course it changes regularly in IMDB) but yes if it is a problem from our side it's worth looking into.

xnappo

Okay - I took a look.  Looks like the vote count is always a string, and it is not 'pretty formatted' on the server.

We could format it in the addon, but best to request 'pretty format' on the server.

xnappo

Are you sure? It is an int in the api json, a number that you can do whatever you like with.

xnappo

Okay, thanks @@Luke - I didn't see us converting it to str, must be getting done automatically somehow.

Angelblue05

We don't do anything to the vote count. Should we really do anything in the add-on, because numbers displays differently in different languages? For example, in French, we use spaces instead of commas. [emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

xnappo

11439572 vs. 311589342 is pretty pointless.  You can not tell by glancing at that which is higher.  11,439,572 vs 311,589,342.

We could use Engineering notation :)  11.439Mvotes

Angelblue05

I'm surprised this is not handled by Kodi internally, with the label parsing... I wonder how they handle it by default.

Edit: I meant the label parsing in the skinning engine.

Edited by Angelblue05

xnappo

According to the op, the native Kodi scraper does handle it? 

@@GlassJoe - we need you to explain more.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

spootdev

We don't do anything to the vote count. Should we really do anything in the add-on, because numbers displays differently in different languages? For example, in French, we use spaces instead of commas. [emoji52]

import locale

locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, '')

locale.format('%d', total_movie_added, True)

Angelblue05

Want to do a pull request and I'll check it out? Thanks [emoji854]

xnappo

I think I have lost track of what we are even talking about.

I thought it was this:

votecount = item.get('VoteCount')

But that is always NoneType/None.

xnappo

Angelblue05

You are right. Nothing is populated in c04 of the database. What the cluck? Looks like VoteCount is missing from the field list. So then, votecount is not the imdb vote count? What is?

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

Is this provided by the script skin helper or something?