Use Emby Theater without internet access

the1poet

the1poet

Is there any way to use Emby Theater without an internet connection?

I've recently moved and am unable to get ADSL (using mobile data at the moment which is not very practical, or cheap).

Every time I launch Emby Theater, it just sits there and wont load. I tether my mobile and restart the program and it loads.

Why does is it require internet access? What are my options?

Edited by the1poet

Vidman

I've recently moved and am unable to get ADSL (using mobile data at the moment which is not very practical, or cheap).

Every time I launch Emby Theater, it just sits there and wont load. I tether my mobile and restart the program and it loads.

Why does is it require internet access? What are my options?

"Currently the app requires an internet connection which allows us to host assets online for easy updating. Right now this is a period of rapid change and development, which is why this model is easiest for us. At a later date we will add offline support."

Use the legacy version of you require offline use from here: http://emby.media/emby-theater.html

Edited by Vidman

• 6 years later...
HannibalRoG
On 4/20/2016 at 4:52 AM, Vidman said:

"Currently the app requires an internet connection which allows us to host assets online for easy updating. Right now this is a period of rapid change and development, which is why this model is easiest for us. At a later date we will add offline support."

Use the legacy version of you require offline use from here: http://emby.media/emby-theater.html

What version of ET don´t need internet connection? that site download the latest version.

GrimReaper
On 4/20/2016 at 9:08 AM, the1poet said:

Nope. Theater Desktop won't even start without internet connection, as you've found out yourself. Theater Store will require periodic validation, will run on cache in-between.

On 4/20/2016 at 9:08 AM, the1poet said:

What are my options?

Use web browser - local Web app.

• Sad 1