Issues After 3.0.5930.0 Update

ubelong2matt
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

ubelong2matt

I just updated to 3.0.5930.0 and I've noticed a few things that I cannot resolve easily.  I have tried searching here but have not found an answer so I apologize if these were reported/addressed in another location.

1. I used to be able to make a user, go into their information, and view the site as them which let me set pictures for the account.  Now, after the update, I do not have that option (it may have changed prior to this update but I didn't try to make a user).  I go into Users > "specific_user" > and there is no link to view the site as that user and no option to set a picture is present from what I see.
  2. Metadata manager is no longer telling me what movies are missing trailers.  The little red camera icon is no longer present.

To date I've tried resetting my browsers, using alternative browsers, and the above issues remain.  I can post logs if you really think it is necessary but I suspect these two things were moved/removed intentionally or accidentally so a log likely won't matter.

Thank you for your time!

post-98732-0-65210800-1461089433_thumb.png

ubelong2matt

Thanks for the reply, Happy2Play.  I'll take a look at the css option.  If others are having the same issue with the trailers then I'll just wait till it's fixed or a work-around is posted.  Just wanted to make sure my eyes weren't to blame for an overlooked location.

• Like 1

ubelong2matt

Ok, now I'm confused.  So if I'm understanding this correctly because that one guy doesn't use trailers and doesn't have a use for the icon everyone loses the missing trailer icon?  Does this mean that I have to make a request to add it back, now?  I'm confused why an entire feature would be removed because of one person rather than just offer a way to toggle it.

• Like 1

Hi @@ubelong2matt,

I'm the "single guy. that doesn't use  trailers".

Actually it's probably quite the opposite to your description: The trailer feature is used by a minority of users, only.

While my personal opinion in fact goes towards removal of the missing trailer icons, I can assure the following at least:

It was @@Luke's own decision to remove this. I'm very sure that he did it neither for me nor because of me.

(he almost never does what I want, hehe ;-)

• Like 1

Happy2Play

For how many user complained about the removal of downloading local Trailer, your comment about "a minority of user" I personally would say is way off.  Now the only place to find out if you have a trailer for your media or not is via Reports.

But the change @@Luke made "missingtrailer.png" appears to have broken that also.  But that needs to be a separate topic.

5716df15c5ad1_missing.jpg

• Like 1

For how many user complained about the removal of downloading local Trailer, your comment about "a minority of user" I personally would say is way off.  Now the only place to find out if you have a trailer for your media or not is via Reports.

OK, let's not argue about minoritiy or majority of users. My initial idea wasn't even to completely remove that icon at all, but to display it only when the user has activated the trailer feature.

But on the other side, I think that the concept to indicate problems of library items via suffixed tree icons would need some rethinking and reconsideration anyway.

Currently, there are 3 icons: "Missing Primary Image", "Missing Backdrop Image", "Missing Logo Image", "Missing Trailer" (now reduced to the first three).

But for which situations should we actually display a warning icon? This could lead to quite a number of icons, e.g.;

• NotIdentified
  • NoTitle
  • NoPrimaryImage
  • NoSubtitles
  • NoOverview
  • NoBackdrop
  • NoLogo
  • NoTrailer

One should consider, that the current warning icons "Missing Backdrop Image", "Missing Logo Image", etc. don't even indicate the most important condition of a library item: "Is it identified or not?"

IMO we should end up with a single warning icon (always the same image) for library items. When the user hovers the icon, the UI can display a list of all problems detected for this item.

Additionally we could implement a tree filter feature that allows filtering the tree for items with certain problems.

• Like 1

ubelong2matt

I was a little peeved when I wrote that last message as it's just not how I've ever done development.  I would have preferred a way to toggle it on and off as softworkz mentioned.  I only used the missing trailers, really, so making switches to toggle each type could have worked perfectly.  I wouldn't have even cared if it was turned off or disabled by default with the ability for people to turn it on as custom CSS.  However, the missing trailer option is totally gone and no custom CSS seems to be able to bring it back.  I guess I'll resort to a PowerShell script to find trailers folders that are empty but that's tedious, cumbersome, and is not something others will resort to doing.

If anyone wants it the PowerShell code (which probably could be improved upon) is:

(gci folder_to_check -r | ? {$_.PSIsContainer -eq $True}) | ? {$_.GetFiles().Count -eq 0} | select FullName

This will look at all subfolders of folder_to_check and only provide the full path to the ones with empty subfolders.

Edited by ubelong2matt
  • Like 1

ubelong2matt

Thanks for adding the icon back to the reports.  I'll use that from now on and sorry for the slightly snooty remarks above.  I really do like Emby and hope it keeps getting better.  Just saw it as a hindrance to what I was trying to do when the missing trailer icon suddenly disappeared.