emby updates *.nfo even when no changes detected (music library)

plessers@gmail.com

Latchmor

So images are updating every time I do a scan, with 1 minute between each scan? Only one user.

Just ran a manual scan,

season.nfo modified time 18:39 (previously 18:00 as mentioned above)

waited until clock moved forward a minute and scanned again

season.nfo modified time 18:41

I could do this all night and nothing will change in the folders (or surely via a provider every minute?) and scan will change the modified time.

another one 18:44.  Not trying to be awkward you realise, just making you aware that it maybe doing something it's not supposed to.  ;)

Understood but i can't reproduce this, so one of those above conditions has got to be triggering for whatever reason.

Latchmor

Understood but i can't reproduce this, so one of those above conditions has got to be triggering for whatever reason.

I just searched entire Emby Server folder (includes all paths, nothing custom) for modified date of today, any clues below? 18:44 was last manual scan.

5720ff7aecedd_Capture.jpg

Latchmor

does that include hidden files?

It does now. All those episode xmls are for a new series added few days ago, not related to the 15 Storeys series in examples above and no actors in both. I just randomly checked 6 other series and every season.nfo has 18:44

5721034f63a3b_Capture.jpg

plessers@gmail.com

Hi @@Luke,

have you already found something?

and, as mentioned above: are you willing to spend some time on this issue? Otherwise I will reinstall my EMBY@KASTSMURF, but then we lose this testcase.

grtz!

B

• 1 year later...
josephzitt

Has there been any solution to this? I also appear to be having the same problem, with emby thousands of nfo files without changing them, in music as well as video, I see that just in the past two and a half hours, since it became May 10th, it appears to have touched 2936 of the 12224 .nfo files on my Music drive.

This means that my nightly backups consistently involve thousands of files, rather than the few that I've intentionally changed. I don't see any pattern as to which .nfo files it's choosing to touch. Any clues?

The only way the nfo's are getting saved is if the item is being re-saved in the emby database. the only that is happening is if timestamps on files are changing. is that happening?

What do you mean by nightly backup? What is being backed up or restored?

• 10 months later...
shakey555

Did anyone solve this?

I am getting around 15000 nfo files 'modified' everytime I do a library scan.

The nfo contents before and after are identical.

It is causing havoc with my backups!