Breaking Changes

Luke

Scott L,

Once you dive in again there are several breaking changes you'll have to adjust to. First, just to recap the ones from yesterday:

- There is the ProviderIds dictionary in BaseItem, instead of Imdb,Tmdb,Tvdb in Movies,Series, etc

- Also the other day I made some changes that might help you consume ApiClient from WP7

- Today I've moved all DTO entities to a DTO namespace in the model project. DTO's are different from our server domain objects. They are used to return data in a form that is convenient for the client.

- ApiBaseItemWrapper is now ApiBaseItemContainer

- Use the People and Studios properties on the container. It will have both the person/studio name + PrimaryImagePath.

- I've consolidated all api handers that returns lists of items into ItemListHandler. The url is mediabrowser/api/itemlist. It has a ListType query string param. I would just review the code to get the params you need.

ScottIsAFool

Yes, at the moment phone apps can only be done from 2010. Are you installing onto Windows 8?

That's a shame. No, I'm not on W8 yet.

I was hoping to create a WP7 version of the ApiInteraction project, because I think it will compile now. That way you could reference it.

But I don't know if I want it in the core if it will require 2010. Even though I have it, I think going forward it would be kind of a pain for everyone.

ScottIsAFool

Ah ok. For the time being (well, for me anyway), I don't see it as being too much of a problem, I have my own stuff in place to make the calls.