PLAY ALL function button

dimitrik

dimitrik

I understand that some people like the "play all" functionality but could it please be moved somewhere, a bit out of the way, say, at the bottom of the page instead of the top?

Right now, it's the first option available if you navigate by remote and often is selected by default when you enter collections. It's really easy to press by mistake and is always annoying as it tries to load a potentially massive playlist into the player. It will also sometimes lock up player in the process.

jscoys

Maybe it could be considered throught a theme developped in the future.

For me I think current place is the best to find this option. According to me it doesn't make sense to put it at the bottom in a "functional" point of view. Sorry I disagree.

Let's see what others think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dimitrik

It's not just a matter of opinion. "According to you" is not an argument, sorry.

I get that you like it, but when you enter a collection of, say, movies, the first options shouldn't be "play all" because that isn't the most common task for most people. The most common task is to browse the collection.

If one wants easy PLAY ALL functionality, a more appropriate way to implement it, would be to press play, after selecting the collection and before entering it (which you would only do in order to browse it). This is also how it works in emby classic for collections, seasons etc.

jscoys

I said "According to me" because I don't think I know all and to be better than others...

I remain disagree. This button doesn't avoid you from browsing the collection. You always take the example of collection, but series has too this option. And I'm very happy to be able to launch all episodes when I want to watch a new season (Because I watch more than 1 episode consecutively generally...).

I'm not saying the button has to remain exactly where it is, I'm saying putting it at the bottom is not logical. Maybe someone could bring a brilliant designer idea here to get all of us happy ;-)

Edited by jscoys