MediaBrowser 3 Classic Not Responding in WMC 8.1

Guest walkme70

Guest walkme70

I've jumped from a full working Windows 7 (WMC) themed MB2 to Windows 8.1 (WMC) with MB3.  Now I'm loosing the wife factor....

There are no plugins or themes installed (at this point) and all the video data is local on the PC, so no network traffic.   The config is to use VLC (latest version x64) for all media types.   I can launch a video (MKV) and VLC player will launch but about 5 seconds later I get the ping and WMC tells me MediaBrowser is Not Responding.

Once the video is finished VLC closes and then I have to go back into WMC and re-launch MB3.

I've looked in the logs and I can't see anything that is jumping out at me...

Any Ideas people, cause wifey tell me to restore to Win7..  :-(

Logos302

I would start with out using VLC first (Less things to trouble shoot).  I would also post your MBC and MBS logs (Dropbox or paste2.org will do).  I do recall someone saying that they need to use a different External player type rather then the vlc 2.x (Generic I think) as there is something new in the newer version of VLC.  make sure you are fully up-to-date on your windows updates as there are some update that are need.

• Like 1

Logos is correct.  If you have the newer version of VLC, you will need to set it up as a generic player for now.

Guest walkme70

Thanks,  I remember doing this now with MB2.  

I tried and switched off using VLC, but didn't seem to want to play anything - guess cause of the codec's. 

So then I switched over to Generic and seemed to work :-)   but then it started again, not responding..  Seem to be a % of the time it will work and the other it's fails.

I'm running MB3 as a service with a local account (not system).