Apple TV App - Remove Emby Logo

jojovee

jojovee

Not too sure if this is a feature request but thought I'd ask anyway.

Is it possible to remove the emby logo from the top of the screen on the home page? It's very big on a 55" tv screen and uses up so much screen real estate. I already know I'm using the emby app, don't really think that it's needed?

It would be nice if at the very least it could be something that the user can remove? I like all my library icons to be sitting at the top of the screen.

• Like 1

I know it looks like the banner takes up a lot of space but it actually isn't.  Since we need the buttons to access the user menu the banner style we are using is only slightly larger than just having a smaller one with the buttons (and not crowding things too much).  All you would gain is about 1/3 more of the second line of posters.

We tested several things in early development and what we ended up with, by far, looked the best.  Having a fair amount of white space also brings attention to your library items as the most prominent thing on the screen.

jojovee

IMHO I just think the banner isn't needed. I like a clean look and I find the banner is too busy and makes the home screen look crowded. Once I'm in the TV or Movies screen and the banner isn't there it just looks so much better. WAF is very low at the moment due to the home page, she hates the banner, apparently it hurts her eyes. At the moment we have to go back to Plex as she hates it that much and although Plex is good in it's own way I just don't like the fact you can't customise it as you can with emby.

Thanks for an awesome product though.

• Like 1

Shaun

I agree. The banner is big and ugly. Have a look at all the other apps in the apple TV app store.  I use a lot that have exactly the same use case as emby - select and play a media item - none of them have a huge flag at the top of the screen.

Like a lot of screen junk - its nice the first few times you see it, then its just a pain.

• Like 1