Emby Server - Extended login page user appearance

Cerothen

Cerothen

A while back a feature was added so that if Emby sees the connecting client as originating from within the same network then the user could use a pin instead of their full password. Additionally, under the user configuration there is an option called "Hide this user from login screens". I would like to have an extension of these options where on a per user basis I can choose if they show up in login screens with the following levels [none / local / all].

With the additional apps coming out for control from the couch/tv (emby theater {my fingers are crossed for a raspberry pi version}/android tv/firetv/etc) I would like to have local user accounts to show up in the login pages (my girlfriend and mine) so that logging in is easier and quicker however I do not want to have 15+ users showing up to clutter that interface. I would also not like to have any accounts show up when connecting from an outside network and I would like users to have to enter both their usernames and passwords (a lot of my extended family do not have strong passwords and it's an extra level of security) and having some tiles show up and not others might confuse some of my less tech adept family members.

In simple summary:

I would like to have only the login page show from remote networks [no user tiles] (Currently possible)

I would like to have certain accounts show up only if the client is in the same network as the server (requested item)

Thanks!

Edited by Cerothen
  • Like 1