Android App Won't Connect to Server

Pk2000

Pk2000

New to Emby - I downloaded the server and installed and set it up - it seems to be working fine from Computer.  I downloaded the Android App and have been trying to manually add the server and it will not find the server it just keeps giving an error "Were unable to connect to the selected server right now - please ensure it is running and try again"

I have verified that the ip address and port being entered are correct.

Background - The computer and router I am using for the server do not have an internet connection.  From reading up on Emby it led me to believe that an internet connection was not required you could just manually add the server and it would work VIA the android app.

Pk

Hi, welcome. Yes this should be fine. As a test, can you try to connect to the server using a web browser on your phone? just use the same address that you entered. thanks.

what exactly did you enter into the browser ?

http://ip:port

?

If so then you probably have a firewall on the server computer that is blocking the traffic. We try to open windows firewall ports automatically but this does not work on all systems. I would ensure port 8096 is open.