transcoding h.265

zoula

Hi,

I would like to know how transcoding is handled with h.265 files.  I have some 720p h.265 files and I like to know why they are transcode in 480p My CPU and my network connection should have no problem with this.  As for the client they could play h.264 1080p with no problem.  Even 720p h.265 file could be read without to much problem.  

I should specified that all my client use Kodi for the frontend.  I use 2 raspberry pi2 and one laptop.   Of course the Pi could not handle the h.265 but the laptop could do it just fine on lower resolution but struggle with higher resolution and high action content.  This is why I set the force transcode for h.265 contents.  

I would like to know how to adjust how Emby transcode video files.   And also is it possible to have the audio passtrough (no transcoding or downstream)

Sorry I also note that the 2 Raspberry Pi2  are not on my local network,  I gave one to my mother and the other one is use by my wife when she is out of town....   When I stream to those 2 devices I don't have those problems.  the resolution stay at 720p

I only have major downgrade on the laptop on local network.   This is weird the laptop is 5X faster then the Pi and the Network connection is also faster..???

thank you

Zoula

Angelblue05

What is the video quality set as under the add-on settings > playback?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk