[Docker]Server keeps crashing

knoker

Hi, welcome. Try going to advanced library setup and turning off the realtime monitor. Let us know how it goes. Thanks.

knoker

Thank you for your response.

Just turned off, we'll see how it does, usually by morning it doesn't respond to http requests.

I'll get back to you soon.

The first log looks like the realtime monitor, so i would suggest double checking the setting. The second one is different and has been addresses for the next release. You could get it now but you'd have to switch to the beta docker package.

knoker

If this is the setting you are referring to its off, at least on the front end.

Do you have any ETA on the version that will fix this problem?

For a quick and dirty fix I'll configure a monit instance to make http requests to emby and restart it's docker if there is no answer to the request.

post-109807-0-25347200-1460408360_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
TrainAss

yea that's the one. the beta should go stable in the next week or so.

Hey @@Luke, I'm having the exact same issue. Only started today when I upgraded to Server version 3.0.5931.0. I've been watching my Docker logs for the EmbyServer image and it's crashing and restarting like clockwork. What logs would you like to help maybe determine where the issue is? I have no problem running dev or beta builds.

TrainAss

@@Luke sorry about that. Took me a little bit, but I found the docker logs for the container. I've attached the 3 latest Emby Server logs, as well as the logs from the Emby Server image for Docker. I hope these help.

I looked at the log for Docker and noticed this one bit

Running startup tasks

Info, App, ServerId: 620ff152988d4f87810bd9cdfe5aced2

Info, App, Core startup complete

Warn, Connect, Cannot update Emby Connect information without a WanApiAddress

Error launching url: Cannot find the specified file

Cannot find the specified file

Info, SsdpHandler, MultiCast socket created

Info, App, Loading live tv data from /config/data/livetv/timers

Error, App, Error launching url: http://localhost:8096/web/wizardstart.html

*** Error Report ***

Version: 3.0.5931.0

Command line: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /config -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartpath /usr/lib/emby-server/restart.sh

Operating system: Unix 3.16.0.0

Processor count: 4

64-Bit OS: True

64-Bit Process: True

Program data path: /config

Mono: 4.2.2 (Stable 4.2.2.30/996df3c Fri Feb 12 15:45:05 UTC 2016)

Application Path: /usr/lib/emby-server/bin/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

Cannot find the specified file

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_shell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) <0x40552af0 + 0x002ab> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) <0x403b6890 + 0x000a3> in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () <0x403b6820 + 0x00047> in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()

at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.Browser.BrowserLauncher.OpenUrl (System.String url, ILogger logger) <0x405516a0 + 0x0015f> in <filename unknown>:0

Info, IDeviceDiscovery, Creating SSDP listener on 127.0.0.1

Info, IDeviceDiscovery, Creating SSDP listener on 172.17.0.3

Session terminated, killing shell... ...killed.

Not sure if that has anything to do with it, or not. I'm running OMV 2.2 and everything is up to date.

embydockerlog.log

server-63596904123.txt

server-63596904183.txt

server-63596904243.txt

Edited by TrainAss

TrainAss

@@Luke I tried upgrading to the beta build of Emby server (Ver. 3.0.5943.0) and the issue is present here too.

I wonder if the last (stable) build changed something that docker doesn't like...

Update: So after trying to see what could have caused it, I upgraded my OMV server, broke it, rebuilt it (twice... Lesson learned, don't rebuild a server while on cold meds), and tried again; and Emby is now working. I don't know. At least I have my Emby back.

Edited by TrainAss

Thanks. It's trying to open a url in a browser (startup wizard), and when it fails it's supposed to be handling the error and logging a message telling you to open the url manually. In this case though the mono runtime was just crashing. So I have removed even attempting to do that at all. I haven't pushed it to any builds yet but the fix is checked into latest sources.