Emby FreeNAS newbie help with live tv setup / permission

Peta

Hello,

I am a new user to Emby Media Server running on my FreeNAS 9.3 system. I installed the plugin and everything seems to work. The Emby server website shows up and I can configure the server. I know that there will be an issue configuring the access to my media folder outsides the jail ( I have to setup access to this folder outsides the jail) but meanwhile I have trouble to configure my HDHomeRun device for Live TV. As soon as I try to configure a new device "HDHomeRun" with IP 192.168.1.50 Emby server websites refuses to write configuration due "folder does not exist or permission error" message. I think these configurations should be inside of the jail, don't they?

Regards Peter

PhilWhite

One way to change permissions in the jail (where you have added storage) is to go to storage and look for pluginjails/emby_1 and click on it.  Then look for change permissions at the bottom of the screen.  You can make it executable for everything if you want and that should solve the problem.  You can also change permissions by bringing up the shell prompt -- click on the emby jail, hit the shell prompt at the bottom of the screen and use the chmod command (chmod +x  to add executable functions, or +w to make something writable) followed by where you want to change the permission.

Also make sure you have permissions set for your shares to access the folders. 

Edited by PhilWhite

It seems that something doesn't work in my configuration. I have got the "old" HDHomeRun HDHR3-EU. I don't know how to configure this device or rather its channel configuration. Maybe that is the problem. Does anyone has the same  HDHomeRun device got working with Emby?

It seems that something doesn't work in my configuration. I have got the "old" HDHomeRun HDHR3-EU. I don't know how to configure this device or rather its channel configuration. Maybe that is the problem. Does anyone has the same  HDHomeRun device got working with Emby?

I don't think that has the DLNA features so this is not a model that is natively supported by Emby. You can still use it by installing a tv plugin and it's separate, associated software:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Live-TV-Plugins