Lots of extra .nfo files

GhostRider

GhostRider

Hi

Whilst checking out my Emby server disks I have noticed that some movies (but not all) have extra .nfo files for the trailer file and each extra in the extras folder.

Example screen shoot attached.

Are these superfluous files that are safe to delete?  570900b09f9e1_extra_nfo.jpg

Edited by GhostRider

Koleckai Silvestri

I think Emby will just recreate them if you delete them. Are they causing a problem?

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

GhostRider

Hi

Thanks for the input. Alas, the screen shot is from the extras folder. It looks like the Emby server is creating .nfo files in the extras folder and also for the trailer in the main folder. But it is only doing this for some movies which is confusing.

Deathsquirrel

I don't use extras but I would expect it to create NFO files for them if it's also creating them for the movie.  It definitely should not create them for the trailer in my experience.  Are your trailers named using <Movie Name>-trailer, where movie name is the exact same name as used in your movie file?  For example if your movie is 'Buried (2010).mp4' the trailer should be 'Buried (2010)-trailer.mp4'.  Any other name may result in it being seen as its own movie file and an nfo is created.

GhostRider

Definitely creating the .nfo files for trailers. File naming convention is correct as far as I am aware. A sample from the movie level folder is as follows.

570942ae4f7ee_extra_nfo2.jpg

Looking at the time stamp the server has only recently started doing this. The weird thing is it is happening in only some movie folders, not all of them that contain a trailer or extras.

Edited by GhostRider