Install problem - Windows Tablet

fugazi

Hi!

I´ve been looking for a solution for quite some time now - not successful at all. So I´m trying to get help by askinghere...

I am running my mediabrowser server on a win 7 64bit machine. That one works also as client with wmc - all working perfectly here. On another win 7 64bit machine with wmc all is working well, too.

The problem ist my win 8.1 pro 32bit tablet. I know theres an app for win 8.1 tablets / mediabrowser (which works great and I will buy anyway). But I´d like to have it all inside wmc together, too.

I got wmc on that tablet up and running for live tv (dvblink) but I am not able to install mediabrowser client into the wmc on that machine.

Installation starts (setup.exe) an goes on for uac asking me to confirm the installation. I click ok. A view seconds later I am confronted with a message that the program cannot be started. I should contact the vendor... Theres a logfile created, which I attach here.

I tried reinstalling some versions of .net (for the logfile is giving some hint into that direction). No success in any way. Mediabrowser won´t install, message stays the same every time.

Does anyone have any idea what I might try now?

Any help appreciated!

Thanx,

Christian

0ZZ32ASE.log

Can't help with the install issue but I can tell you that MBC is in no way optimized for touch. 

This is very true...