Scan Media Fails after Server Upgrade to 3.0.5912.0

Quizabuck

Quizabuck

Hi all,

I was attempting to get emby connect working and got a message on the android app that the server needed to be upgraded. When I clicked on the upgrade server button on the dashboard, nothing would happen. I ended up downloading the latest server off the site and installing that. Once installed, the server now fails when scanning the media library. I removed all plugins (auto boxsets & cover art) and restarted, but now it fails immediately.  On the plus side, I can now connect to the server using the phone app, but I don't have any media. 

I attached the latest log file.

Thanks

server-63595721131.txt

Hi, welcome. How old of a version were you coming from? There might be some kind of upgrade scenario that was missed. There's basically a couple options here. We can try to figure this out is one option.

Or if you want to start fresh, you can backup your users by doing the following:

save users.db and userdata db files from

C:\Users\wapiti\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\data

Uninstall, reinstall fresh, go through the startup wizard. Then after you're done, shutdown the server and put the backed up database files back in.

Quizabuck

Hi Luke,

The log file from yesterday says Application version: 3.0.5675.1.

I'm open to a clean install, is there a way to backup my library paths so I don't need to enter them again?

Happy2Play

Do you have the Server Configuration Backup Plugin?

Hi Luke,

The log file from yesterday says Application version: 3.0.5675.1.

I'm open to a clean install, is there a way to backup my library paths so I don't need to enter them again?

Truthfully, if you don't mind, I would just enter them again because a lot has changed since the version you're coming from.

Quizabuck

Thanks for the support and quick responses. I did the fresh install and everything seems to be working. One more quick question, and this may not be the correct sub forum...

I use GoodSync to keep my two media locations in sync. The program keeps a hidden folder in each media location and emby seems to be picking the folder up as a media folder. So the first item in my media lists is always a "_gsdata_" folder. Last time I setup the server I found a way to hide these files, but I am not seeing that option anymore. Could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks