No ability to go forward/back on the timeline (webclient only)

ESO223
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

ESO223

Version 3.0.5929.0

Starting with files that have been loaded/scanned into the server in the last week or so I haven't been able to jump them forward/backward on the timeline any. I also haven't been able to change is so that, when they do have subtitles, they play or even switch them off (option doesn't appear). The server doesn't seem to recognize the subtitle at all in the metadata. The older files still work exactly fine. It should be noted this only occurs on the web player. Playback on Emby WMC works just fine and hasn't changed.

Older files have Video/Audio/Subtitle info under the Media Info portion of the episode/movie screen. Newer files only have path under the Media Info.

Attached are the logs, the transcode log is a newer file only. Any help would be much appreciated. I couldn't stop something and had to let it play for 40 mins to get back to my resume spot.

transcode-f86db254-e0a3-4143-8f41-474511f8d73c.txt

server-63595643605.txt

ESO223

For what's it's worth, I saw the other topic relating to the same sort of thing happening on Android after the server upgrade. In that instance, refreshing created the necessary metadata to play properly. I have refreshed many of these files and that doesn't seem to change anything. It doesn't seem to modify the "Media Info" section of it at all (still only shows path and not detailed information).

• Solution
Happy2Play

Looks like ffprobe is failing on your media.

• Like 1

ESO223

Is that something I can correct with a setting or by changing something? Or is that somewhere in the server?

ESO223

For anyone interested or having the same issue in the future: Closed the server. Navigated to ...\MediaBrowser-Server\ffmpeg where ffprobe.exe resides. Renamed it to old_ffprobe.exe and relaunched, it re-downloaded and was able to start and run without any problems.