Editing users after manual restore not working

camielkb
Go to solution Solved by camielkb,

camielkb

Hello, 

I made a backup of my server and restored the users.db and userdatav2.db. Everything works and I can login using that users. But as an admin I can't edit the users. I want to add a labrary to a user but I can't. Checking that at othe user accounts, I found out I'm unable to edit any of them. Making a new user is working and with that new one I am able to change al settings. Any direction in where this might have gone wrong? 

Hi, can you describe exactly what you mean when you say unable to edit any of them? thanks.

camielkb

I want to give access to one user to the library TV Series, but after clicking save it isn't sticking, the round saving animation keeps spinning. I tried to delete another user and that isn't working also.

Added a test user and with that new user everything works.

camielkb

This is the most recent log, hope tere is any info in it.

Don't bother, I fixed it! But you put me in the right direction, wich was very helpful! 

Found out that the directories and xml files weren't writable for emby, so changing the permission made it work! After looking in the log myself I saw a write error to a xml file.

Thanks nevertheless :)

Emby-Server_Log.txt

Edited by camielkb

Looks like some sort of access problem

Access to the path "/usr/local/emby/var/config/users/509928d79377499aa90b14ce1677a388/policy.xml" is denied.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException

• Solution
camielkb

I updated my post and it was indeed a permission problem, fixed it! Thanks a lot!

• Like 2