Random season art not showing up

Quiks

Quiks

I'm having problems with random seasons of random shows not getting images.

Manually searching on the season in question, gets no image results from any category.

As seen below, it was able to correctly get the art for specials, but not for season 1.

I know I can manually add these images, but I'd rather not have to go through my extensive library to find which images were not properly scraped. Does anyone know why this may have happened or what I can do to fix it?

ePqggKP.jpg

As you can see on thetvdb.com, there are indeed pictures for this season

HDRl0q7.jpg

Happy2Play

Best guess is each of those two pictures are set to a different language (Japanese and Spanish).  So unless you are using those languages in UI you will have to manually "Edit images" and select "all languages".

Edited by Happy2Play

Quiks

hmm, looks like you're right for this one. Is there no workaround for this or than manually editing? I have another which was giving me the same 0 images even with all languages checked. I'll see if there's any more that have that same issue.

edit: it looks like my issue, for the most part, comes to me naming my season 0 folder "specials" which is how I have most of my old media laid out. Is the only way for season 0 to be detected is to call it "season 0"? or is there a way for me to have it detect "specials". I'm assuming if I'm able to choose one or the other, I can't have varying mixes of it.

Edited by Quiks

Happy2Play

Shouldn't make a difference but I tested this on dev build, added series.  Can you post a server log to verify your configs.

57070bbc871d7_lang.jpg

hmm, looks like you're right for this one. Is there no workaround for this or than manually editing? I have another which was giving me the same 0 images even with all languages checked. I'll see if there's any more that have that same issue.

edit: it looks like my issue, for the most part, comes to me naming my season 0 folder "specials" which is how I have most of my old media laid out. Is the only way for season 0 to be detected is to call it "season 0"? or is there a way for me to have it detect "specials". I'm assuming if I'm able to choose one or the other, I can't have varying mixes of it.

I don't think that's it. using specials instead of season 0 is fine. it is probably just the language

Happy2Play

Misread your reply, if there are no images in your language, Emby will not automatically download image from a different language.

Actually it will had English as a fallback as well as images that have no assigned language. But it won't go and pick another language

Quiks

I don't think that's it. using specials instead of season 0 is fine. it is probably just the language

It wasn't the language as one.

I had dragon ball z with the folder Specials [1080p BluRay] which wasn't properly scraping images from tvdb.

When I changed the season to be Season 0 [1080p BluRay], it correctly scraped the images for the season. Was this coincidence? Or is it possibly the quality in the folder name that may be causing the issue?

To further clarify, the episodes inside the folder were all fine and scraped. It was just the specials folder specifically that had the problem.

Edited by Quiks

Ok yes you can use specials but it needs to be just specials and not suffixed with anything

Quiks

Gotcha, that solves that part.

Here's another unrelated to the other two that I don't get either.

Overlord isn't scraping season 1 art, which is tagged as english on tvdb.

Here is the info for it.

Z6vFDW1.jpg

I'll see if I can grab a log of when im clicking the search button to see if that will help.

Quiks

http://pastebin.com/C5HUzkq1

I'm unsure if this is the correct log to post.

This is the most recent log info since I opened up emby locally on the server.

edit: i think i have this one figured out too. There was no tvdb id in the settings for the show, so it must have not scraped that one correctly.

after re-scraping, the art showed up.

looking like this whole thread is a big case of pebcak, haha.

Sorry for the trouble I may have caused. I'm still learning this server. :)

Edited by Quiks