Ability to use hdhomerun tvguide data as kodi now uses it

denz

denz

I have asked this before and on one of the replies a user quoted from silicondust website that no third party is able to use their tv guide well I wanted to see does this particular channel fills the whole screen and to my surprise loaded the tv guide and it had guide data and thumbnails for the shows it didn't have this before.

I took part in their kickstarter campaign so I think it is linked to my device id. Is there any reason why this can't be reproduced so emby has this data as well. We have been waiting for xmltv import for months but even then my tv guide will not have thumbnails as they are not provided I did ask. I rather support local company but if hdhomerun provides thumbnail for shows that can be used in emby I would cancel my current subscription and pay annual fee for hdhomerun just for the guide data.

I am not developer how this works but since you communicate with silicondust it would be good to know why one opensource project is able to use it and emby can't unless there is an agreement between kodi and silicondust.

This is their API that I found on the internet.

https://github.com/Silicondust/documentation/wiki/DVR%20Recording%20Rules

Thank you ​

570645e6f2aed_Untitled6.png