Subtitles ALWAYS Showing

MB Rich

MB Rich

Bit of a weird one.

99% of my content plays fine, but just a couple of films (so far) seem to have the subtitles on permanently.

If I play the file using something like MPC-HC, it doesn't show the subtitle so it's clearly not burned in to the file.

I have no option on Theater to turn the subtitle off during playback (though I do get the option to turn them on with other files that play correctly).

The two files that I know of that currently have this problem are both mkv files with the subtitles stored as sub/idx files in a subfolder (i.e. not included in the mkv).

I've tried subtitle mode as default and as 'none' but neither change the output.

Any thoughts?

If using the new Emby Theater, click the CC button during playback and you can turn them off. Also click the user icon in the top right and configure your playback preferences and that will help influence the default behavior.

MB Rich

I don't have the CC button showing on these particular files, just the usual play / FWD controls.  On other files I do get the CC menu and it works fine.