Migrating Users from Windows to QNAP

antilog17

antilog17

Hey,

I'm trying to migrate my Emby from my desktop to my NAS. I've installed the Emby version available on QNAP App Center, but there is no Server Configuration Backup Plugin to install. I would like to preserve the users and watched media items, but as paths aren't the same, I didn't want to corrupt the Emby installation on the NAS by copying files I shouldn't. Any recommendations?

antilog17

So I tried the second, but the linked version installs to a separate directory (Emby as opposed to MediaBrowser). I tried copying over the config files from the MediaBrowser directory to the Emby directory and Emby proceeded to do this long database update, but now it can't find anything in the library. I've removed all the libraries, added them again, cleaned the database, but Emby can't see anything. Not sure what to do besides scrap both installs and start from scratch with the new Emby. Although the new Emby install does list Server Configuration Backup so I may consider that...

antilog17

In that case you are better off with a fresh install from the link above. I didn't realize how old the version in the catalog was. I'll send another message to the qnap guys about getting it updated.

if you guys could please also mention in the qnap forum that you'd like to see the catalog version updated as well, that would be extremely helpful.

thanks.