losing control of the chromecast?

dragon2611

dragon2611

Wondering if it's specific to my phone/network settings but I've had it a couple times now where the chromecast will go AWOL in the sense it's still streaming from the emby server but the android app loses it and I lose the ability to pause/skip.etc

Last time it happened I had to run the google cast app to find the thing again.

chef

When Casting to my chromecast, if my Andriod device "sleeps" (or whatever you want to call it when the screen turns off and you have to swip to enter the UI again) if chromecast is selected in emby before it sleeps, then yes typically I have to choose the chromecast again from the DLNA device list. But for me the chromecast is always listed.

Edited by chef

• 2 months later...

Was a solution ever found for this?  It happens to me constantly every time I cast from Emby.  While the stream keeps playing, I can, on most occasions, simply reselect the Chromecast in the Emby interface and then the controls reappear and everything works fine - on the rare occasion, the controls don't appear (although the stream continues).  I then have to close Emby (and swipe it away from Recent Apps thereby killing in memory), relaunch it and then reconnect to the Chromecast.

A lot of work was done on this and I haven't reproduced it in quite some time.