App filling up /data partition

tobedeleted

tobedeleted

Since a few days I get messages on my Android device that memory is getting scarce. I had no idea, why, but at the same time TitaniumBackup began to take hours to back up the Emby app. So I looked into /data/data/com.mb.android/ and was very surprised: The files-drawer here contained over 10 Gigs of data. This is about the same amount as my dedicated sync drawer for Emby (/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.mb.android/files/) contains...

Why is the synced data seemingly duplicated in the private data memory of the app?

tobedeleted

I now have the problem on three Android phones in the familiy :-(. It's not really a solution to clear Emby's app data on all devices periodically, this is something the app should take care of itself.

tobedeleted

I have to push this one up. The whole mobile syncing (the reason I paid for Emby) is completely unusable as the synced data is always doubled in the /data partition. I can clear all app data, and it will again begin to fill up again with the next sync.

This is on three different Android devices running CM12.1. What can I do about this?

i have never seen this behavior before but i will try to reproduce and see what can be done.

tobedeleted

Thanks for the quick reply. The settings on all three devices:

• The devices are running CM12.1 with no Google apps.
  • The folder I try to sync to is located on the external storage (/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/com.mb.android/files).
  • I always have to start the sync manually from the Emby app, otherwise the files will only be prepared on the server and not transfered to the device (I don't know if that is intended behaviour or also a symptom of the bug).
  • The files are doubled (with strange filenames) in /data/data/com.mb.android/files.
  • I try to sync music and pictures - if I'd tried to sync movies, I'd probably have had run into this error earlier...

tobedeleted

If there is anything I can do to help on this, please tell me. Tried it again: Syncing a 7GB and a 1GB pictures folder to the Android device resulted in 12GB(??) in /data and 8GB (as expected) on the external SD card. Has nobody else problems syncing to Android 5.1.1 external SD card?