3D movies with regular versions

pir8radio

pir8radio

I looked on the wiki, and did some quick searching, There has to be tons of talk about how to do this...  But I got impatient when looking...  Could not find a definite answer. 

Anyway..  If i want to add a 3d version (i understand the naming convention) how does it show up if i have say 300.3D.XXXX.mkv and 300.mkv    Do i put the 3d in with the regular 300.mkv? And when I do that how will it show up in emby?  I don't want two of the same movies, my hope is that when i go into the 300 movie i can select which one to play, Is that how this will work??     I don't have a 3D movie to test with yet, acquiring a few as I type this..

Edited by pir8radio

pir8radio

Ok, so for others that may be looking for the same info, it adds a second movie, which is what I did not want..  

Is there a way to make it show up as one movie, then from within the movie page select to play 3d or regular/other?

57008e00128b8_Capture.png

Edited by pir8radio

You can use the web client and group those two versions into a single movie if you just want one to show up. It would be considered a boxset/collection. Not sure if you can nest these collections. Like is it possible to have collections within collections? If so, this would be how to do it but not sure nesting collections is a thing.

Edited by speechles

pir8radio

10-4, I guess i can add the 3d versions as SPECIALS to get what I wanted, in a kinda-sorta way...  But I guess I was expecting something like this (or maybe a second play button icon):   Oh well...   I guess that would be hard to get to work with the apps....

57012f57eadd2_Capture.png

57012f630e16b_Capture1.png

Edited by pir8radio