Using IMDB scores for movie metadata?

djon

I have set The Open Movie Database as my primary metadata downloader and can see that it uses the movie ratings from www.themoviedb.org. I find these ratings very poor compared to imdb.com and want to have the imdb.com ratings instead. I have read in other threads that this should happen when using The Open Movie Database, but that doesn't happen for me.

Example: for the movie Memento I see a rating of 7.8 (https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/77-memento) where the imdb.com rating is 8.5.

How to get imdb.com ratings for movies?

Edited by djon

To my knowledge Omdb uses a mixture of Imdb and Tmdb. Kodi is violating Imdb's terms of use by scraping their ratings from the html. Imdb data requires a license which costs money.

Happy2Play

Have you tried Refreshing the metadata since change fetcher order?  Worked for me changing from 7.8 to 8.5.

5700309f358c1_meta.jpg

After refreshing it works. My library is only a few weeks old and the metadata search order has always been the same. It seems like the first time a movie is scanned it uses the wrong scores and when refreshed it switches to imdb and also adds the rotten tomatoes score, which isn't there the first time around.