Is it Possible to Delete Episodes?

manicjonah

manicjonah

Is there a way to delete shows/episodes in the Samsung App?  We are just about set to use the Emby Samsung app exclusively but this little detail is hanging us up.  I'm looking for the option (right in th UI) to delete an episode after I've watched it or delete a show when I'm done with the season or series.  Do I have to enable it somewhere?

Thanks,

MJ

FrostByte

Is there a way to delete shows/episodes in the Samsung App?  We are just about set to use the Emby Samsung app exclusively but this little detail is hanging us up.  I'm looking for the option (right in th UI) to delete an episode after I've watched it or delete a show when I'm done with the season or series.  Do I have to enable it somewhere?

Thanks,

MJ

Not currently.  Sounds good as long as the bug I just posted were fixed first.  I wouldn't want all users to be able to delete :)

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/33412-bug-unauthorized-user-can-delete-playlists/

• Like 1

The server should prevent this from happening. Even if every user has access to the delete button on everything. The server wont let the app delete anything unless the logged in user is auth'd with the canDelete flag for that item. The file should still be there. The app might not be checking if after it issues the delete command if there was an error or not and just tells you it has been deleted.

Playlists are another story, those fall under different rules. The server may not be guarding those with canDelete.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles
  • Like 2

FrostByte

The server should prevent this from happening. Even if every user has access to the delete button on everything. The server wont let the app delete anything unless the logged in user is auth'd with the canDelete flag for that item. The file should still be there. The app might not be checking if after it issues the delete command if there was an error or not and just tells you it has been deleted.

Playlists are another story, those fall under different rules. The server may not be guarding those with canDelete.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ahh, thanks.  Makes sense.  I always figured playlists were considered media (though I can also see someone's point that they aren't really media).  I've already accidently deleted my main playlist once in the app.  Trying to figure a way to stop that even a "Are you sure dummy?" pop-up would be nice  :)

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1