Rotten Tomatoes (100 per day)

vixxy
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Quick question. I have a library of 3k movies, so it will take a while to populate everything with RT ratings. 

Do I have to run the scan manually to update 100 movies a day, or does the server do it automatically providing it's on. 

Happy2Play

@@Luke, can OMDB fetcher be edited to pull RT data without a daily limit?

by adding &tomatoes=true

http://www.omdbapi.com/?t=frozen&y=&plot=short&r=json&tomatoes=true
Edited by Happy2Play

it already does but that's only for the rating. the plugin gets the journalist reviews.

• 1 year later...
aptalca

Hi, I installed this plugin a couple of months ago. I do have over 1500 movies so I realize it would take a while to populate, but I don't really see any reviews. I clicked on a bunch of movies in the web app, android app and the windows uwp app. How can I confirm it's working?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
jnheinz

@@Luke - Has the plug-in been removed from availability?  I can't find it on a fresh installation in Linux on 3.2.30.  Is the functionality built into Emby now or has it been discontinued?

Burrito78

The ratings are built in.

That explains why it stopped showing up correctly under plugins. Would be better to have it uninstalled automatically during upgrade if possible + an explanation in the changelog.

mcasey6747

So are there any settings to configure?  Mine doesn't show any new ratings since I uninstalled the plugin about a month ago.  

How does this work?  I also don't see a scheduled task for any sort of ratings download although I'm not sure there has to be now.  

Thanks

It's just built into the regular movie metadata providers. What you could try to do as a test is refresh an individual movie using the 3-dot menu in the detail screen. 

hmmm... doesn't solve it.  Even if it did, I'd have to manually refresh it for all my movies and shows?

Why don't you think that solves it? What do you feel is missing? Thanks !

mcasey6747

The rotten tomato reviews still don't come up.  Just the other 2 rating systems (the red star and the green thing)

There should be a tomato with a score out of 100 right?  

mcasey6747

Okay so after looking into this, it seems like crappy movies have the green thing.  Which makes sense as you couldn't pay me to watch transformers 87 or whatever number they are on.  Sorry for the question I think I'm working fine. 

Am I just being an idiot? I'm sorry if i am. 59c04f6991b4d_Untitled.jpg

Red star is the rating, could be from imdb or themoviedb, etc. The other one is the rotten tomato rating. Anything over 50% is a red fresh tomato. Under 50% is a green rotten tomato
  • Like 1