Playback is crashing after update.

Zabell
Go to solution Solved by dbt816,

dbt816

Just noticed that mono 4.4.1 was released on Arch Linux. Any brave souls given it a shot yet? I may try later today.

• 3 weeks later...
woody carson

I hate to reply to an old thread, but it seems appropriate considering the same issue still exists.

Here are logs to a recent example of this error occurring https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ny9jmx7qxz5wmc/AADH93vC4EN9KNDkiOvoUAWba?dl=0

I'm on emby 3.0.5972.0 mono 4.4.1 and linux 4.6.2.1 . Is there any way to solve this that doesn't involve downgrading mono?

Edited by woody carson

I hate to reply to an old thread, but it seems appropriate considering this issue was never properly addressed.

Here are logs to a recent example of this error occurring https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ny9jmx7qxz5wmc/AADH93vC4EN9KNDkiOvoUAWba?dl=0

I'm on the latest version of emby, the latest kernel, the latest version of mono (all for the Manjaro repositories at least)... Is there any way to solve this that doesn't involve downgrading mono?

Hi, welcome. That log does not appear to be from the latest version of Emby Server. I would try updating first.

• 2 months later...

FYI... trying out mono 4.6.1.3 on Arch Linux... so far I haven't had any problems with playback, at least with quick-and-dirty testing on a couple of devices. I did notice quite a few NullReferenceException errors coming from MusicBrainz queries during startup, but I'm not sure if they were there with the previous version of mono or not. They don't seem to be affecting anything either way.

Thanks for the info.

At this point, I've tested all types of video formats that I have (mp4 and mkv) as well as Live TV (via hdhomerun) on several Android devices, 2 different Roku devices, and via the web interface on Linux... not even a hiccup! 

• 7 months later...
dbt816

mono-5.0.0.101-1 running flawlessly... figured a major version bump would break something, but no issues!