Emby Theater including only "some" trailers for movies in collection

zhaupt11

zhaupt11

Hello, I recently purchased Emby Premier to test out the new Emby Theater.  One feature I LOVED about the old media browser theater (free version) was that for EVERY movie in my collection it would provide a trailer for the movie.  That way when I ask my guests what movie they want to watch I could show them a trailer of the movie before deciding.  I would have thought the new Emby Theater would have this built in as well - however I have only a handful of movies where it is actually showing the option to play a trailer for the movie.  I know that I could go and download all of the trailers and place in the folder but I have a very large media collection and as such would take so much time to do - and more space!

I am wondering why the new Emby Theater does not have the trailer option for all of my movies like the old theater did - after all I paid for the new version, why would it have less features?

Any help would be great,

Thanks,

post-7491-0-99865300-1459435226_thumb.jpg

post-7491-0-53443700-1459435227_thumb.jpg

zhaupt11

Ahh I see - do you plan on implementing that back into the windows based Emby Theater app like before?  I did not realize this was powered by youtube as it does not launch a separate window it just plays the trailer within the app itself.

Again, this feature was AWESOME in the original and I hope to see it again soon in the new app.

zhaupt11

Luke - one more thing, and this is more of a curiosity thing.... If it has not been implemented yet how are some of my movies showing the trailer function? 

Thanks, 

Happy2Play

Luke - one more thing, and this is more of a curiosity thing.... If it has not been implemented yet how are some of my movies showing the trailer function? 

Thanks, 

Do you have any local trailer?

zhaupt11

Happy - I knew I should have said that I do not have any local trailers downloaded and saved in the original post....good thought, however I do not, that's why I am really confused!