I feel like I'm going insane.

slapbassify

slapbassify

I'm trying to find a TV DVR setup for my server,

I've tried every combination possible, every SINGLE one has a major problem rendering it unusable., the only one that comes close is Emby.

Theres just one problem, In emby theatre the TV simply doesnt work, all i get is audio 80% of the time.

I can sit on the guide, and keep trying to go into the channel, eventually it will work.

I cant believe I'm the only person in the uk with a hdhomerun that has this problem, I can switch to intel quicksync but this causes multiple other problems.

I've tried everything I can think of, server on different machines etc.

Any Ideas? I dont see why ffmpeg manages to transcode the file one moment, then not the next.?

I can use http://tv.emby.media/ but i cant record tv on that, so back to square one.

Edited by slapbassify

Hi, quick question. When did you first install Emby Theater for Windows and see the black screen?

slapbassify

Hi. I believe the first version I had of the client was 2.0.2. I'm now on 2.1.2. I've tried stable and beta server releases.

Just as a test, can you please try a complete uninstallation, then install fresh? let me know if the issue persists. thanks.