Recorded TV Playback issues

RedBaron164

RedBaron164

I'm using MPExtended to watch Recorded TV shows via Emby. With the latest update this stopped working. It appears that the Path Substitution option was moved to the Library section. I added the path options but I'm still unable to play shows. I received the following error in my transcode log.

file:D:\TV\WCWN HD\The Flash\The Flash - 2016-03-29 - Flash Back.ts: No such file or directory

It should be going to \\server\DVR\TV instead of D:\TV and I put that into the path substitution.

I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled the MPExtended plugin yet and wanted to check and see if anyone else was having this issue?

RedBaron164

Anyone else have an issue with Path Substitution with watching Recorded TV? I can watch LiveTV fine but Recorded TV isn't working anymore. I'm running the 1.3.3.101 plugin with Emby server 3.0.5911.0. It looks like Path Substitution has been changed and moved to the Library section of the server page. I configured the path changes I need but I'm unable to play back any recorded tv. I posted the error from my transcode log below.

file:D:\TV\WCWN HD\The Flash\The Flash - 2016-03-29 - Flash Back.ts: No such file or directory

It should be going to this:

\\server\DVR\TV\WCWN HD\The Flash\The Flash - 2016-03-29 - Flash Back.ts

I set the path substitution to be D:\TV = \\server\DVR\TV

This worked before the most recent update to Emby.

pünktchen

Can confirm this [emoji32]

But in the details screen of your recording it shows the UNC path, right?

@@Luke

For recordings of MediaPortal the plugin delivers the local path from the tv backend.

If the tv backend is on a pc other than Emby server, than Emby's path substitution should do the trick, shouldn't it?

No, path substitution is for Emby apps, not the server itself. If you give emby server a path then it's expected to be a path that the server can access.

pünktchen

No, path substitution is for Emby apps, not the server itself. If you give emby server a path then it's expected to be a path that the server can access.

But then the server should not change the path in the details screen imho!

It's irritating.

RedBaron164

@@RedBaron164

Sorry for any circumstances! I will put the option back in an update...

Ok thanks, is there a config file I can change in the meantime that would fix the issue until the option is back?

pünktchen

Ok thanks, is there a config file I can change in the meantime that would fix the issue until the option is back?

Should be back again!