Looking for better streming HMPC

sanjaydevani

sanjaydevani
Looking for better streming HMPC

Requirment  

emby User 12

4500 Movies 80% Full HD DTS and 5.1Ch Many Songs and TV Sereiles, Home Video and Photos Apox Movies and other Media DATA 15 TB Full and it will incrise every year 4 TB

now when we play 1 from PC with Power DVD and other 2 From 4K TV via Streaming wireless and wired works good some time 80%,sometime  20% Disconnected Movie and we have resume more then 3-4 time during full Movie

our  reqirement is atleast 5 Streaming Full HD DTS can play, Must be Audio in DTS

it will run all 24/365 Days 

there is no budget Problems  

My Current HMPC 

56fba16c420f8_Untitled.jpg

Option 1

Intel® Core™ M

or

Intel® Core™ i7 Extreme Edition

Option 2

Intel® Xeon® E7 Family

Option 3

QNAP : TS-251 or any other  

Option 4

anyother 

sanjaydevani

yes its good, but when we are going to play two full 1080P DTS MKV, then CPU Going to 100% getting heat to much, and some time it will disconnected 2-3 times and we have to resume it and play. if you feel that we if i change then may it work good then only i am going for new once, if you like to upgrade my old i7 like ram or any thing then also i ll do it.

Luke one more thing how feel about that integrate or plugin google photos in emby ! i think everyone love it

• Like 1

Ponyo

An 3770k should be more than enough to handle 12 users simultaneously if you are direct streaming/playing those files (not transcoding!). If your cpu usage is hitting 100% are you sure your clients don't require transcoding?

You mention you have a lot of disconnects, are you sure this isn't a issue with your router or cabling? Assuming all your equipment is capable of handling 1Gbps you should be able to have over 20 simultaneous users streaming a bluray (40mbps) file before the network side is going to choke.

Also look at hard disk utilization. If you have a slow disk and multiple users are trying to read from that it might not be able to keep up.

If you need to transcode for 12 users simultaneously you are going to need server grade hardware with 4 or 8 physical cpu's.

My i7 4770 which performance wise should be pretty similair to your 3770k can transcode one 20mbit full hd dts-hd file at ~90fps, so that's about 3 transcodes at the same time. If you are going to transcode bluray rips you'd be lucky to squeeze out 2 streams. This is all pure cpu, if you can get gpu transcoding to work for you things will change but I have very little experience with that. Intel quicksync makes audio and video go out of sync for me but the one or two times I tried it did look like it could lower cpu usage by over half. If the same goes for Nvidia (AMD cards not supported I believe) a big GPU might give you the power you need.

You need to make sure your devices don't require transcoding. If not and the issues continue make sure your network (router, network card inside your pc, wifi access points, cabling) can handle high amounts data. If that isn't the problem make sure the hard disk isn't chocking from too many users trying to read from it.

The above you can easily test by connecting a pc to your network and try opening 5 or 10 of your files at the same time in something like VLC player so you know its only streaming and not transcoding anything on your server.

Edited by Ponyo

sanjaydevani

Hi, Ponyo 

Thanks you for your suggestions, i think what you saying is corrects most of router issue i think there is two TV which is have this problem much there is netgear WNR614 which is normal router, and its working in TV wifi should i change with new one suggest me which is i bought i don't have problem with money, 

and also i have to check disk Utilization, i will update you after this all things check and update.

once again thanks