Display missing episodes, hide missing seasons

Ponyo

Ponyo

Hi,

I would like there to be an option (in the android app) to hide missing seasons while still showing missing episodes. The current option will display all missing episodes, including seasons but this clutters the interface a bit and makes it a bit confusing for some of my users. Displaying a season or not could be based on whether there are any files present for that season.

E.g.

Season 1 -> no files present? Hide season.

Season 2 -> 3 files present but 6 episodes aired? Display season 2 & missing episodes.

• Like 5

Ebr would need to add two options to settings:

Show seasons with all episodes missing?

No = &isMissing=false

Show seasons with all episodes upcoming?

No = &isVirtualUnaired=false

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

Ponyo

I agree it would best if it could be enforced from the server for all users or on a per user bases from a app.

• Like 1

ginjaninja

I agree some fine tuning of 'missing' could be good

but in your example what would tell the difference between

Season 1 -> no files present? Hide season

Season 2 -> No files present - 3 Aired.....Hide season....but this is the one i wanted to see missing on..:-(

Or are you saying missing episodes in this seasons, dont constitute missing, if this season has 0 content and later seasons have any/some content

or are you really saying..

only show a season's missing content if it already has some / any content....

The use case i would personally like Emby to handle is for weekly news shows and quiz shows....where i dont keep old seasons, so i really dont need to know old seasons are missing...

For me its a per show setting...but i guess some clever logic could also achieve it automatically/universally...

Emby already behaves exactly like the original poster wishes. You must make use of the isMissing and isVirtualUnaired when you fetch the /seasons endpoint to do it. If you have season 25 only, you dont want to see season 1 thru 24 listed as missing. isMissing=false would make this return only season 25. Season 26 hasnt aired yet but episoses list. isVirtualUnaired=false would stop season 26 from showing.

I am sure luke and ebr both know this. Like all feature requests sometimes these things take time. It would be preferable as an app setting, since as a setting universally in the server this would affect everything. I already make use of this on roku, and it works as advertised. Just odd more apps aren't making use of this feature when it is already available.

Edited by speechles

• 2 years later...
tango_golfaus

Where do i implement this code

isVirtualUnaired=True

isMissing=true

As i have it ticked on the web client but it isn't working.

I used to, I loved that i could see stuff I was missing or if new seasons had come out!

Also, I would like to do this on the server if possible, as I run Kodi as the client. (but it still doesn't work in the web client either)

Edited by tango_golfaus