Video playback in Safari

Kweegly

Kweegly

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows why when I'm outside my network and I click a video on my iPhone within Safari I get the following message "There was an error playing the video.".

When I'm connected to my network everything works fine on my phone, also if I use a computer outside of my network everything works fine.

The steps I use when getting the error are..

1. I open Safari and browse to my servers address
  2. login
  3. select my TV folder
  4. select series then the episode I want to watch
  5. click play and after 10 seconds the above message is returned

I don't use Emby connect.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kweegly

jscoys

I was studying this problem for 3/4 days, but in my case it appens only with certain videos only, and with all clients (iOS app, Chromecast, ET...). I can't find the common element differentiating videos working from video that doesn't play at all, throwing this frustating error message... Maybe a dev could have a look? I remain at your disposal to post somewhere a video example that doesn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jscoys

Edit : just tried with ET it works great! Sorry about that. Seems to appens with IOS, but didn't try with Android...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for ios i would suggest using the automatic bitrate option rather than customizing or own. or, if it's happening with automatic, try specifying your own bitrate but something very low. it's possible the bitrate is just too high.