Slow "processing update"

benbour

benbour

Hey all. Just noticing a slight issue with both of my Kodi htpcs using emby. If either machine is off for more than a few hours , when I turn it on, it takes a long time to update the library. We're talking processing upwards of 1000 items here. It's basically a full library scan every time I turn on Kodi. I thought the sync plug in addressed this? I watch the progress and it's processing items I haven't touched. Until it's done it's thing, I can't actually watch anything, either. The last thing emby does is update the watched progress so I can't continue where I left off on a show until it's done. I also use the android app and chromecast in the bedroom with no issues.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Angelblue05

If you have the server plugin installed and you are receiving a lot of updates, check this post: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/23971-fast-startup-sync-server-plugin/?p=315390

The server generates updates, there's nothing we can do about that, but disabling the setting to update image path to nfo fixed the many updates the server was generating for me. It's worth trying.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

benbour

If you have the server plugin installed and you are receiving a lot of updates, check this post: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/23971-fast-startup-sync-server-plugin/?p=315390

The server generates updates, there's nothing we can do about that, but disabling the setting to update image path to nfo fixed the many updates the server was generating for me. It's worth trying.

Thanks! I've unchecked "save image paths within no files" on the server under metadata. This makes sense. If emby "touches" the nfo files during a task then it would want to resync as it has technically been changed. I'll keep an eye on it and see how it goes. Thanks.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
benbour

So far so good with above fix.

Not sure what changed, but twice now, I've had the same issue occur. Setting above has not changed, yet Kodi processes 600 items or more at start up. I'd just as soon leave both media PCs on 24/7, but. you know. Hydro.