[FR-ET] Skip ahead, Skip back

yaksplat

yaksplat

I couldn't find any mention to this other than chapter based skipping in movies, but it would be very helpful to have 5 and 30 second skips in both directions for all media.  The slider isn't granular enough to handle a small time shift.

Perhaps a setting with long and short skip lengths would work.

Thanks!

there should already be skipping using your ff/rew buttons, and under playback settings you can configure the skip lengths

Guest asrequested

I too, only use a mouse/keyboard. All there is right now is chapter skip with the arrow keys. I would love better control. Maybe an option to choose in what way and how the arrow keys function? Also, I have a multimedia keyboard, with play, stop, mute, volume etc. But they don't function with ET. If I could use them, it would be a great advantage. This is the keyboard I have https://www.gyration.com/collections/keyboard-combos/products/gyration-classic-compact-wireless-keyboard

56fb515e5dfa0_ClassicCloseUpBandW_1024x1

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

CTRL+SHIFT+F / B works for skip forward / back on the keyboard.

I don't want to be pressing three keys every time I want to skip. That's counter intuitive. 

Yes that's a good point. We do support most of the WMC keyboard shortcuts.

Also, when using the mouse, it would be great if I could click anywhere on the progress bar and skip to that point, no matter how small the time increment.

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 2

jasonmcroy

In some other players (Plex Media Player and Kodi) the direction left/right arrows handle forward and back skipping. Ctrl-Shift-B (or F) handle fast forwarding and rewinding. 

It always confuses me when I switch between Kodi and Emby Media Theater!  :P

Edited by jasonmcroy

Deathsquirrel

I don't want to be pressing three keys every time I want to skip. That's counter intuitive. 

You should be able to map those commands to your preferred buttons using eventghost or similar tools.  Native support is better but it's easily accomplished without.

Guest asrequested

You should be able to map those commands to your preferred buttons using eventghost or similar tools.  Native support is better but it's easily accomplished without.

Actually, what I want the most is to be able to click on the progress bar and jump to any part of the movie. I prefer using my track ball to navigate. A remote is very limited. Sometimes I play a movie with Windows Media Player just so I can do that

Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
yaksplat

Any news on this one?  Using the progress bar for large jumps is okay, small jumps don't work that well

• 2 months later...
thejacer87

guys im super confused right now... i see absolutely no settings or buttons for skipping... ctrl + shift  + F/B do nothing... arrows nothing... just using the HTML 5 player...

Guest asrequested

guys im super confused right now... i see absolutely no settings or buttons for skipping... ctrl + shift  + F/B do nothing... arrows nothing... just using the HTML 5 player...

In Theater it's general playback, scroll to the bottom.

580eeed85228b_Snapshot_328.jpg