Bad Image Qulatiy During Playback

esp1818
Go to solution Solved by flexkikr,

esp1818

I trying to make the switch from Emby for WMC to Emby Theatre but this problem is holding me back from making the switch. When I play HD videos on Emby Theatre using EVR+ the image quality looks bad (fine details like hair and sharp edges are blocky). When using MADVR the image quality is good but then the video appears jumpy and the audio is out of sync with the picture. When the video is playing on Emby for WMC everything looks as it should. The Server says it's direct playing. I've attached a screenshot and circled what I was trying to describe. 

My system has:

Intel Q9450 2.66 Ghz processor

8GB ram

Nvidia geforce 9300 onboard video

Windows 7

Emby Theatre 2.1.2

Edit: Here is a link to the non compressed image It's best seen at 100% zoom (1:1 pixel ratio)

post-17281-0-73686400-1459024012_thumb.png

Edited by esp1818

AndyBak

I'm having the exact same problem but annoyingly its only on one of my system (my main HTPC), on my test machines Theatre is running fine. Still not figured out what the issue is.

JohnnyM

I'm also having the same problem. I work fine all on my other machines but the Home Theater is exactly the same as the first post. I have tried playing with MADVR and nothing changes.

• Solution
flexkikr

Go to ..\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\config 

Open the directshowplayer.xml in notepad and change this line

<EnableCustomPresenter>true</EnableCustomPresenter> from true to false, after that reopen ET and it should be fine

Edited by flexkikr
  • Like 2

esp1818

Go to ..Appdata/Roaming/MediaBrowser-Theater/Config

Open the System.xml in notepad and change this line

<UseCustomPresenter>true</UseCustomPresenter> from true to false, after that reopen MBT and it should be fine.

Thank you this worked.

I could find the setting in System.xml but I did find the setting in ..Appdata/Roaming/Emby-Theater/config/directshowplayer.xml

What does changing it to false do?

flexkikr

Go to ..\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\config 

Open the directshowplayer.xml in notepad and change this line

<EnableCustomPresenter>true</EnableCustomPresenter> from true to false, after that reopen ET and it should be fine.

• Like 1

JohnnyM

I think your suggestion for changing the EnableCustomPresenter to False looks like a winner to me.

I think my collection was affected was because it is all DVD's and most of the people using Theater have upgraded their current collections to BluRays and do not appear to have the problem. Thinking back, my video issue might have started when EVR+ came into play.

Thanks flexkikr

Johnny M
  • Like 1

Randomacts

So the reason that madvr isn't the default is because of performance issues on some computers I assume.. or?

AndyBak

I still can't resolve this one. When playing content through Emby Theatre using MadVR I'm still encountering jerkiness most noticeable on slow panning shots.

• Have completely uninstalled Emby Theatre and re-installed 
  • Tried all combinations of settings within Emby MadVR config
  • Checked directshowplayer.xml, <EnableCustomPresenter> already set to false

Same content plays perfectly through Emby for WMC.

Anything else I can check?

Thanks

JohnnyM

If the EnableCustomSwitch is set to false the Video settings page should look like this. Note: Nothing in Video Renderer

5703ba0a84504_Video.jpg

AndyBak

If the EnableCustomSwitch is set to false the Video settings page should look like this. Note: Nothing in Video Renderer

5703ba0a84504_Video.jpg

If I have <EnableCustomPresenter> set to false I don't get the above, I still see MadVR under Video renderer.

However...investigation has moved forward, I've just found out that this frame dropping or stuttering is only occurring when Emby is running at maximised full screen. If running in windowed mode I get a perfect picture. (Screen is a standard 1920 x 1080)

Edited by AndyBak